Thursday, April 14, 2005

Minds of Stone

It's dead on the vine
and I can't look behind
there are minds of stone
and hearts we don't own
I can learn the lesson
the forbidden confession
that lies and truth
do nothing to sooth
a heartless ache
shields itself with hate
chaotic in every way
but I wish it would stay
dreams that are so real
where pride would kneel
where is it? where did it go?
is my mind friend or foe?
swimming against the current
the one we made
looking for that spotless sun
one that's us against everyone
and then swept by doubt
frustration reiterated aloud
smoothing seams of tomorrow
like salvaging a broken arrow
one you'll use on yourself
looking at your soul on a shelf
waiting for time to make its move
everything won, waiting to lose
I laugh, I cry, I pray
yet on this day
It's dead on the vine

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»