Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Fortitude

The stand in rows dividing
Deciding when to start deciding

Are they white or black or gray?
Are they willing to bring today?

For now, they are in the graveyard
For now, the paradox cannot start

This insanity of profanity has come to exist
Oh, Nationalism, when will it desist?

Must I draw a line in poisonous borders
Must I tear myself from my brothers

If it isn't now, may I ask when?
When shall you deny the need to pretend?

The magnitude of your fortitude is certain
I greatly anticipate the fall of your curtain

The self-pity capsule you have opted to take
Will soon leave you ravaged in your wake

I have tired of words and wisdoms
Tired of trying to tear down your kingdoms

If it need be I will stifle my sigh
And join you all as a spot on a butterfly

Because I am unity, it is I you forsake
But it is your freedom that is at stake

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

3anjad ba7awel 2fham bas ya reat ma 2fham



alhzeen